The GigaLaw Firm helps companies of all sizes protect their brands online — against cybersquatters, counterfeiters, copyright infringers and other bad actors on the Internet who use your trademarks and content for their own advantage, without your permission.
The GigaLaw Firm’s founder, Doug Isenberg, is one of the most prolific and accomplished domain name attorneys in the world, having practiced in this area of the law for nearly 20 years.
Our services include:
- UDRP Complaints: The Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) is an efficient arbitration policy that allows a trademark owner to pursue a domain name registered by someone else, including cybersquatters, former employees and others. The UDRP has been called “the preferred option for most trademark owners” for resolving domain name disputes by Corporate Counsel magazine. Doug Isenberg regularly files UDRP complaints on behalf of trademark owners and has filed the largest UDRP complaint on record (for more than 1,500 domain names).
- URS Complaints: The Uniform Rapid Suspension System (URS) is a new dispute policy that enables trademark owners to get a new gTLD (generic top-level domain name) suspended quickly and inexpensively. Although it does not apply to “.com” and does not actually transfer a domain name, it is an effective way for a trademark owner to quickly stop problems online. Doug Isenberg filed one of the first URS complaints after the new gTLDs were launched.
- ccTLD Complaints: While some country-code registry operators (such as “.co” and “.tv”) have adopted the UDRP, others have adopted a variation of the UDRP (such as “.au”, “.in” and “.us”) and still others have created their own domain name dispute policies (such as “.ca”, “.nl” and “.uk”). Doug Isenberg has experience in retrieving domain names under many of these policies for his clients.
- Domain Name Transactions: When a domain name dispute is not appropriate, companies large and small can consider obtaining rights to a domain name via a transfer or lease. These transactions can be beneficial for both buyer and seller, each of which needs to consider a variety of important legal ramifications. Doug Isenberg has assisted clients with domain name sales of all sizes, up to seven-figures.
- DMCA Take-Down Notices: The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a useful tool for brand owners to help get their content — including text and images — taken down from infringing websites. The GigaLaw Firm can help companies navigate these often-murky waters, by identifying the relevant website operators, crafting appropriate take-down notices, following-up with web hosting companies and contacting infringers to help prevent future problems.
The GigaLaw Firm has won domain name disputes for companies of all sizes, all over the world, including the following well-known brands (just to name a few):
- GigaLaw Blog Nominated for Expert Institute’s ‘Best Legal Blog’ Contest (Vote Now)
- Doug Isenberg Listed in ‘The Best Lawyers in America’
- Doug Isenberg Appointed as Expert Panelist for Trademark Post-Delegation Dispute Resolution Policy
- Doug Isenberg Attends Legal Publisher’s Advisory Council Meeting